7 January 2010

in an archaic mode

Erm, I have no idea what should I put there…hehehe..seems that I have noting in mind. initiate a new topic I guess? Erm..while writing this blog am listening to my fav song..ArvilL-keep holding on..thanks to Christ..i mean the introduction of this song….ah..bit sleepy..well, new year, new things huh?…so I can put my breath above all..sounds so archaic and am not too old for this … now am searchin for some online edu- tool..and guess what, I found a simple and nice poem here….i am in the department doing some literature project..it’s kinda literature fest..hehe..but it’s stil in an abstract mean la..have to wait.dudes and jazz, this is the poem that I have found..check this out k.. I love the last 2 lines that I have highlighted – keep holding on then it may lasting where ever ur breath is, for tat love, a kiss for tonite-i associate the word “renew” wit a nite as everyting wil be restared at nite before the sun creates other lifes for all seconds long, wil makes u poor if there is no more, for tat kiss a lover may restore, the death comes by, yet ur heart (associated wit the strand) stil have a name upon wat u have assay. Heart is associated with strand..why?yeah, strand has the same element as what a heart has..this combination makes both look flimsy .yeah..no specific parameter can be used to measure the sense of lack of guile in this life under the same sun. trust?is so subjective in anyway it can be…wel, these are only my some intpretations for that 2 last lines..i have more but yeah..u want it?then u name it…here we go..yeah I wil use this poem as my material teaching then.til then..njoy ya.






Edmund Spenser

[One day I wrote her name upon the strand]

One day I wrote her name upon the strand
But came the waves and washed it away:
Again I wrote it with a second hand,
But came the tide, and made my pains his prey.
Vain man, said she, that dost in vain assay
A mortal thing so to immortalize!
For I myself shall like to this decay,
And eek my name be wiped out likewise.
Not so (quoth I), let baser things devise
To die in dust, but you shall live by fame:
My verse your virtues rare shall eternize,
And in the heavens write your glorious name;
Where, whenas death shall all the world subdue,
Our love shall live, and later life renew.


xoxox, Josh

No comments: